Kirkby Malzeard, a village, a township, and a parish in the W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands 6 miles WNW of Ripon railway station. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Ripon. The township comprises 3LK,, ^^uv ..mi £_it^ti_ acres; population, 533. The parish contains the township The church is ancient, of Azerley, and part of Laverton, and the hamlet of Galpbay. Acreage, 14, 078. A castle of the Mowbrays was in Kirkby Malzeard township. The living is a vicarage, united with that of Masham, in the diocese of Kipon; net value, £243 with residence. Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is ancient-Norman, Early English, and Perpendicular-consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower, and contains an interesting 15th century font; it was restored in 1879-80. There are Methodist New Connexion and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a mechanics' institute. There is a cattle fair on 2 October.
Kirkby Malzeard, West Riding