Whiteparish, a parish, with a village and five tithings, in Wiltshire, 2 ½ miles S by W of Dean station on the L. & S.W.R., and 8 SE by E of Salisbury. It has a post and money order office under Salisbury; telegraph office, Dean railway station. Acreage, 6321; population of the civil parish, 1037; of the ecclesiastical, 1074. There is a parish council consisting of eleven members. Melchet Park, Cowesfield House, Broxmore House, and Brickworth are chief residences. Earl Nelson is lord of the manor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £125. The church was restored and partly rebuilt in 1869. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Whiteparish 1560-1837, Wiltshire is available to browse online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Wiltshire papers online: