Oaksey, a village and a parish in Wilts. The village stands 2 miles from Kemble Junction station on the G.W.R., 3 SE of Akeman Street, at the boundary with Gloucestershire, and 6 NE by N of Malmesbury. It has a post and telegraph office under Malmesbury; money order office, Malmesbury. Acreage of parish, 1827; population, 374. The parish council consists of seven members. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; value, £300 with residence. The church is partly Norman, has been restored, and has some stained windows and an embattled tower. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.