Fisherton Anger, a village and a parish in Wiltshire. The village stands on the right bank of the river Avon, suburban to Salisbury, and communicates with the city by an iron bridge, near which is the Salisbury infirmary. It has a station on the L. & S.W.R., transferred hither from Mil-ford, and the station building is nearly 800 feet long, and has a glass roof over the platform. It also is a seat of petty sessions, and shares in the business of Salisbury, and it had a black priory, founded in the time of Edward III. The-parish is partly within Salisbury borough, and comprises 348 acres; population, 5149. Fisherton House is now a lunatic:, asylum, and a chapel connected with it, in the Early Decorated style, was built in 1859. A memorial hall for evangelistic religious services was erected in 1880. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury; net value, £268 with residence. The church is modern, has a tower and spire, and was enlarged in 1876. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, almshouses, and other charities.
Fisherton Anger, Wiltshire