Preston Bagot, a village and a parish in Warwickshire, on a branch of the river Alne, and on the Birmingham and Stratford Canal, 2 miles E of Henley-in-Arden, and 2 1/2 W of Claverdon station on the G.W.R. Post town, Henley-in-Arden, under Birmingham. Acreage of parish, 1300 ; population, 176. The manor was at the Conquest the property of the Earl of Mellent, and passed in the reign of Henry II. to the Bagot family. The living is a rectory in The diocese of Worcester; net value, £254 with residence. The church stands on the top of a steep hill, and was originally Norman, was enlarged in The 14th century, and restored in 1879. It contains an ancient brass and some monuments.
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.