Newnham Paddox, Warwickshire
Newnham Paddox, a hamlet in Monks Kirby parish, Warwickshire, near Watling Street and the Fosse Way, 5 ½ miles NNW of Rugby. Newnham Paddox House has been the seat of the Feildings, Earls of Denbigh, since the time of Henry VI.; is a handsome and commodious mansion; was restored by Wyatt; and contains a choice collection of family portraits, works of art, and articles of vertu. A Roman Catholic chapel is attached to the house, and contains a fine carved reredos and an altar in coloured marbles.
Online maps of Newnham Paddox are available from a number of sites:
Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.