Walton on the Hill, Surrey
Walton-on-the Hill, a parish in Surrey, 3 miles from Epsom Downs station on the L.B. & S.C.R., and 4 NW of Reigate. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Epsom. Acreage, 2608; population, 694. Walton Place is alleged to have been a residence of Anne of Cleves after her separation from Henry VIII. Traces of Roman buildings have been found on Walton Heath. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £300 with residence. The church is partly Norman but chiefly modern.
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.