Ottershaw, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in the civil parish of Chertsey, Surrey. The village stands 3 miles SW by W of Chertsey station on the L. & S.W.R., and has a post office under Chertsey; money order and telegraph office, Chertsey. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1864. Ottershaw Park, Conningsley Park, and Queenwort are beautiful seats in the district. A finely-situated golf ground adjoining Conningsley Park was opened in 1895. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £260 with residence. The church, built in 1864, is in the Early English style, of brick with stone facings, and consists of a four-bay nave and an apsidal chancel, with a spire 60 feet high. There are three homes for destitute children, a good working men's club, and some extensive nursery grounds in the parish.
Online maps of Ottershaw are available from a number of sites:
Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Surrey papers online:
The Visitation of Surrey, 1662-1668 is available on the Heraldry page.