Edwardstone, a village and a parish in Suffolk, on an affluent of the river Stour, 6 miles E of Sudbury station on the G.E.R., and o^ W of Hadleigh. There is a post office under Colchester; money order and telegraph office, Boxford. Acreage, 1891; population, 420. A cell to Abingdon Abbey was founded here in 1114 by the Munchenses, and given in 1160 to Colne Priory. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net value. £156 with residence. The church, an ancient building of flint chiefly in the Perpendicular style, was restored in 1880. There are a Congregational chapel and three almshouses. Edwardstone Hall, the seat of the Lowry-Corry family, is a chief residence. Edweston. See EDITH WESTON.