Whitgreave, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Staffordshire. The township is 1 mile NE of Great Bridgeford station on the L. & N.W.R., and 3 ½ miles NNW of Stafford. Post town, Stone; money order and telegraph office, Stafford. Acreage, 1201; population, 160. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1844. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield; value, £32, in the gift of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The church, built on the site of an ancient chapel belonging formerly to the collegiate church of St Mary, Stafford, is a plain but neat building of brick with lancet windows.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stafford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Whitgreave from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Staffordshire is online.
Online maps of Whitgreave are available from a number of sites: