Washford, Somerset

Historical Description

Washford, a hamlet in Old Cleeve and St Decumans parishes, Somerset, on the West Somerset mineral railway, 2 miles SW of Watchet. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office, and a station on the G.W.R.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Washford are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Somerset papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Somersetshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.