Spaxton, a parish in Somerset, 6 miles W of Bridgwater station on the G.W.R. It contains Spaxton village, and Courtway, Merridge, and Four Forks hamlets. Post town, Bridgwater; money order and telegraph office, Cannington. Acreage, 3646; population of the civil parish, 904; of the ecclesiastical, 874. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Bath and Wells; gross value, £680 with residence. The church is Later English, and there is an iron district church at Merridge. There are also a Wesleyan chapel and six almshouses.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Spaxton 1558-1812, Somerset is available to browse online.