Muckleton, a township in Shawbury parish, Salop, on the river Eoden, 7 ½ miles NW of Wellington.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Wem|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Muckleton from the following:
Online maps of Muckleton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Shropshire newspapers online:
- Shrewsbury Chronicle
- Wellington Journal
- Eddowes's Journal, and General Advertiser for Shropshire, and the Principality of Wales
- Ludlow Advertiser
- Salopian Journal
The Visitation of Shropshire, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.