Northmoor, a parish in Oxfordshire, on the river Isis, at the boundary with Berks, and on the river Windrush, 3 1/2 miles SSE of South Leigh station on the G.W.R., and 6 1/2 WSW of Oxford. It contains the hamlets of Moorton and Newbridge, and it has a post office under Oxford; money order office, Eynsham; telegraph office, Kingston Bagpuze. The manor belongs to the Harcourt family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford; net value, £110. Patron, St John's College, Oxford. The church is a building of stone in mixed styles, consisting of chancel, N chapel, nave, S porch, and an embattled western tower; it contains effigies of a crusader and a lady. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and some small charities.
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Oxfordshire is available online
The Visitations of Oxfordshire, 1566, 1574 &1634 are available on the Heraldry page.