Clareborough or Clarborough, a village and a parish in Notts. The village stands near the Roman road to Lincoln, the Chesterfield Canal, and the M.S.&L. and the G.N.Rys., 2 miles NE of East Retford, and has a post office under Retford; money order and telegraph office, Retford. The parish caontains also the hamlets of Welham, Bolhum, and Little Gringley. Acreage, 3698; population, 2899. The living is a discharged vicarage, united with St Saviours, in the diocese of Southwell; net joint value, £141 with residence.Patrons, Simeon's Trustees. The parish church of St John the Baptist was built in 1258 by Archbishop Sewell, and is good. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.