Denford, a village and a parish in Northamptonshire, on the river Nen, 1 1/2 mile S of Thrapston station on the L. & N.W.R. and M.R., with a post office under Thrapston ; money order and telegraph office, Thrapston. Acreage of the civil parish, 1755 ; population, 438 ; of the ecclesiastical, with Ringstead, 1325. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Ringstead, in the diocese of Peterborough; joint yearly value, about £130 with residence. The church is Early English, and has a tower and spire. There is a Wesleyan chapel.