Barford, formerly an extra-parochial tract, now a parish in Northamptonshire, 2 ½ miles N from Kettering, and ½ mile from Rushton station on the M.R. The Glendon Iron Ore Company have works here. Acreage, 410; population, 12. The post town is Kettering, which is the money order and telegraph office.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kettering|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Barford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
- Kelly's Directory of Bedfordshire, Huntingdonshire, and Northamptonshire, 1914
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Northamptonshire papers online: