Terrington St Clement, Norfolk
Terrington St Clement, a village and a parish in Norfolk. The village has a station on the Bourn and Lynn railway, and stands 6 miles W of Lynn. It is a seat of petty sessions, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Lynn. The parish extends to the Wash, and comprises 9902 acres; population of the civil parish, 2208; of the ecclesiastical, 2173. There is a parish council consisting of fifteen members. There are four manors. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £265 with residence. Patron, the Crown. The church is a large cruciform structure of freestone in the Perpendicular style, contains some handsome memorials, and has been partly restored at a cost of over £5000. There are Wesleyan and Methodist chapels and two mission rooms. In 1885 a portion of Terrington St John, known as New Common Marsh, was amalgamated with this parish for civil purposes.
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.