Salhouse, Sallowes, or Salehouse, a parish, with a village, in Norfolk, with a station 1 mile SW of the village on the East Norfolk branch of the G.E.R., 6 miles NE by E of Norwich. It has a post and money order office under Norwich; telegraph office, Woodbastwick. Acreage, 2072; population, 639. The manor belongs to the Trafford family. Salhouse Hall is a Tudor mansion of brick standing in its own grounds, and containing a fine collection of paintings. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Wroxham, in the diocese of Norwich; joint gross value, £248 with residence. The church is a plain building of flint and stone, chiefly in the Gothic style of the 13th century; consists of chancel, nave, N aisle, S porch, and an embattled western tower; and contains a Templar's coffin and several monuments. There are two Baptist chapels, a Wesleyan chapel, and some small charities.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the entry for Salhouse (All Saints) from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.