Lammas, a parish, with a village, in Norfolk, on the river Bare, 1 mile E from Buxton Lammas, 4 ½ miles SE of Aylsham station on the G.E.R., and 9 NNE of Norwich. Post town, Hevingham, under Norwich; money order and telegraph office, Buxton. Acreage, with Little Hautbois, 840; population, 281. The manor belongs to the Lnbbock family. The living is a rectory, united with that of Little Hautbois, in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £197 with residence. The church is a building of flint in the Early English style, which waa restored in 1887, and consists of nave and chancel, with S porch and low embattled tower. There is also a Wesleyan chapel. Little Hautbois is a decayed parish, 2 miles SE from Buxton Lammas station, and 8 ½ NE from Norwich.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Lammas St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Aylsham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lammas from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.