Forncett St Peter, Norfolk
Forncett St Peter, a village and a parish in Norfolk, near Forncett station on the G.E.R., 2 ¼ miles W of Long Stratton. There is a post and money order office under Long Stratton; telegraph office, Long Stratton. Acreage, 1901; population, 600. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £460. Patron, the Earl, of Effingham. The church is a small building of flint and stone in the Perpendicular style, and there are Baptist and Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Forncett St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Depwade|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Forncett St Peter from the following:
Online maps of Forncett St Peter are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Norfolk newspapers online:
- Norwich Mercury
- Norfolk Chronicle
- Diss Express
- Thetford & Watton Times and People's Weekly Journal
- Norfolk News
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.