Caston, a parish in Norfolk, 1 ½ mile NE from Stow Bedon station on the G.E.R., 3 ½ miles SE of Watton, and 6 WNW of Attleborough, under which it has a post office; money order office, Rockland All Saints; telegraph office, Watton. Acreage, 1575; population, 502. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; net value, £390 with residence. The church is a fine building of flint in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Caston Holy Cross|
|Poor Law union||Wayland|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Caston from the following:
Online maps of Caston are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.