Barningham Norwood, Norfolk
Barningham-Norwood, a parish in Norfolk, 4 ½ miles ESE of Holt station on the Eastern & Midlands railway. Norwich is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Aldborough. Acreage, 836; population, 40. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich; gross value, £140 with residence. The church is an ancient structure of flint with stone dressings, in the Early English style.
The register dates from the year 1538.
Church of England
St Peter (parish church)
The church of St. Peter is an ancient building of flint, with stone dressings, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, south porch, and an embattled western tower containing one bell: there are three monuments to Sir Austin Palgrave knt. d. 1720, and members of his family: the whole church was thoroughly restored in 1893, when the nave and north aisle were new-roofed and one of the west windows was reopened at a total cost of £560, in 1895 the porch was restored and new chancel stalls and a lectern provided at a cost of £120: there are 65 sittings.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
The Visitations of Norfolk 1563, 1589, and 1613 is available on the Heraldry page.