Waddington, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, with a station on the G.N.R., 4 miles S of Lincoln. It has a post office under Lincoln; telegraph office, Harmston. Acreage, 3333; population, 695. There is a parish council of seven members and a chairman. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £420 with residence. Patron, Lincoln College, Oxford. The church is a building of stone in the Early English style, and has been restored. There are Wesleyan and Free Methodist chapels.
|Poor Law union||Lincoln|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Waddington 1563-1837, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the entry for Waddington (St. Michael) from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
Online maps of Waddington are available from a number of sites:
Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: