Syston, a parish, with a village, in Lincolnshire, 1 1/4 mile ESE of Barkstone station on the main line of the G.N.R., and 3 miles N by E of Grantham. Post town and money order office, Grantham; telegraph office, Honington station. Acreage, 1653; population, 196. The manor, with Syston Hall, a fine mansion standing on an eminence, and commanding beautiful views, belongs to the baronet family of Thorold, who are also sole landowners. The village, under the name of Willingham, together with the neighbouring Jericho woods, figures in Sir Walter Scott's " Heart of Midlothian." The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is a building of stone in the Norman Early English and Later styles, and consists of chancel, nave, N aisle, S porch, and an embattled western tower.