Stickney, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire. The village stands 44 miles W from Eastville station on the East Lincolnshire section of the G.N.R., and 9 N by E of Boston, and has a post and money order office under Boston; telegraph office, East Kirkby. The parish comprises 2106 acres,, population, 641. There is a parish council consisting of eight members. The land is intersected with fen drains, and has navigation to Boston. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £320 with residence. The church is a building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, S porch, and tower. There-are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels,and an endowed school, founded in 1678, with an income of about £76 a year
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have made the Lincolnshire Parish Registers, 1538-1911 available to browse online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: