Pinchbeck, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire. The village stands near the river Glen, 2 miles N by E of Spalding station on the Great Northern and Great Eastern Joint railway. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Spalding. The parish contains also the hamlets of Pinchbeck Bars, Money Bridge, Mill Green, Guthram Cote, Crossgate, Cuckoo Bridge, Pode Hole, and others, and includes part of Cowbit Wash. Acreage, 14,337 of land and 123 of water; population, 2822. For parish council purposes it is divided into two wards-East ward having eight members, and West ward seven. The manorial rights belong to the Bonner and Johnston families. The land of the parish forms a portion of the Fen drainage, and is for the most part highly cultivated. Pinchbeck Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £500 with residence. The church is a large building of stone in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, a chapel on the N side, S porch, and an embattled western tower. It has some good stained windows, a brass of 1600, and some ancient tombs and memorials. The ecclesiastical parish of West Pinchbeck is noticed separately. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels at Pinchbeck, Free Methodist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist chapels at West Pinchbeck, and Congregational and Baptist chapels and a Church of England school chapel at the hamlet of Money Bridge.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Pinchbeck 1560-1812, Lincolnshire is available to browse online.