Langton by Wragby, Lincolnshire
Langton-by-Wragby, a parish in Lincolnshire, 1 mile SE of Wragby station on the Lincoln and Louth branch of the G.N.R., and 9 miles NW from Horncastle. It has a post office, of the name of Langton, under Wragby; money order and telegraph office, Wragby. Acreage, 2399; population, 250. The manor belongs to Earl Manvers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £210 with residence. The church, which is a building of stone in mixed styles, was rebuilt in 1866, wth the exception of the tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Langton St. Giles|
|Poor Law union||Horncastle|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Langton By Wragby:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Langton by Wragby from the following:
Online maps of Langton by Wragby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: