Haugham, a parish in Lincolnshire, 3 miles SW from Legbourne station on the G.N.R. and 4 S from Louth. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Louth. Acreage, 1908; population, 110. The lord of the manor is sole landowner. An alien priory, a cell to the Benedictine abbey of St Mary San Sever in France, was founded here by the first Earl of Chester; was transferred in the time of Richard ½. IL to the Carthusian priory of St Ann, near Coventry, and was given at the dissolution to J, Bellow and J. Broxholme. A rivulet, called Skirbeck, issues from a hill in this parish; has the capacity of a torrent for several weeks after heavy rain, and ceases to flow in dry weather. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; gross yearly value, £200 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1840 at a cost of £2500, is in the Pointed style, and consists of nave and chancel, with tower and crocketed spire. A neat parsonage-was erected in 1861.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have made the Lincolnshire Parish Registers, 1538-1911 available to browse online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: