Hallington, a parish in Lincolnshire, 2 ½ miles SW from Louth, with a station on the G.N.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Louth. Acreage, 1511; population of the civil parish, 115; of the ecclesiastical, with Raithby, 313. The property belongs to the Chaplin family. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Raithby, in the diocese of Lincoln; joint net yearly value, £563. The church has disappeared, and the site of it is now a burial-ground.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Hallington St. Lawrence|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have made the Lincolnshire Parish Registers, 1538-1911 available to browse online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hallington from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: