Gayton le Marsh, Lincolnshire
Gayton-le-Marsh, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire, on a stream which runs to the sea at Saltfleet, 3 miles NE of Authorpe station on the G.N.R., and 5 N by W of Alford. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Alford. Acreage, 2279 ; population, 251. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; gross yearly value, £427 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a building of brick and stone in the Early English style. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have made the Lincolnshire Parish Registers, 1538-1911 available to browse online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the entry for Gayton-Le-Marsh (St. George) from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
Online maps of Gayton le Marsh are available from a number of sites:
Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: