Aby, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire, 2 miles S from Aby station on the G.N.R., and 3 NW of Alford. Post town, Alford, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 1493; population, 315. The hamlet of Greenfield is included. The living is a vicarage, united to the rectory of Belleau, in the diocese of Lincoln. There is a Wesleyan chapel. A Cistercian nunnery was founded here about 1150, but all remains have long since disappeared.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have made the Lincolnshire Parish Registers, 1538-1911 available to browse online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online:
- Grantham Journal
- Grimsby Daily Telegraph
- Lincolnshire Chronicle
- Lincolnshire Echo
- Lincolnshire Free Press
- Louth and North Lincolnshire Advertiser
- Stamford Mercury