Laughton, a parish in Leicestershire, on the Grand Union Canal, 2 miles N of Theddingworth station on the L. &N.W.B., and 5 1/4 W by N of Market Harborough. Post town, Rugby^ money order and telegraph office, Theddingworth. Acreage, 1151; population, 108. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough; net value, £220 with residence. The-church is a small and ancient building of stone in the Gothic style, containing numerous mural tablets. There are some-charities.
The parish register dates from the year 1754.
Details of the places of worship in Laughton, and their records, can be found on the following pages:
- St. Luke (Church of England)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.