Tatham, a parish in Lancashire, with a station at Wennington on the M.R., 4 ½ miles E of Hornby. It includes. Tatham Fell chapelry, and its post town is Wennington under Lancaster; money order office, Hornby; telegraph office, Wennington. Acreage, 8547; population of the civil parish, 465; of the ecclesiastical, 254. Tatham and Tatham Fell are amalgamated for parish council purposes, and have a council consisting of seven members. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester; gross value, £260 with residence. The church is Later English, and consists of chancel, nave, aisky and western tower, and was completely restored in 1886.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Tatham St. James|
|Hundred||Lonsdale south of the Sands|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tatham from the following:
Online maps of Tatham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: