Cockerham, a village, a township, and a parish in Lancashire. The township lies on the Cocker rivulet, adjacent to the Lancaster Canal and the Lancaster and Preston railway, 2 miles W of Bay Horse railway station, and 4½ KNW of Garstang. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Garstang (R.S.O.) Acreage, 5562; population, 705. The parish contains also part of Forton, Cleveley, and Thurnham. Population, 999. Excellent cheese is produced here in large quantities. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester ; net value, £595 with residence. Patrons, the lords of the manor. The church is in the Pointed style, and has a massive western tower. There is a school, which has a small endowment.
The Registers of Cockerham 1595-1657, are available to browse online.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: