Shoreham, a village and a parish in Kent. The village has a station on the L.C. & D.R., 23 miles from London, and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Sevenoaks. Acreage of the civil parish, 5599; population, 1544; of the ecclesiastical, 1468. There is a parish council consisting of nine members. A castle of the Oldhams of the time of Henry III. stood about a mile N of the village. There is a paper-mill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury; gross value, £290 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The church is ancient, and has been restored. There are three almshouses.
The Visitation of Kent, 1619 is available on the Heraldry page, as is also The Visitation of Kent, 1663-68.