Blackmanstone, a parish in Kent, 5 miles ESE of Ham Street station on the S.E.R. Post town, Folkestone; money order and telegraph office, Dymchurch. Acreage, 300; population of the civil parish, 11; of the ecclesiastical, with Dymchurch and Eastbridge, 629. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury; value, £44. Patron, the Archbishop.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the entry for Blackmanstone from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Kent newspapers online:
- Kent & Sussex Courier
- Whitstable Times and Herne Bay Herald
- Dover Express
- Kentish Gazette
- Folkestone, Hythe, Sandgate & Cheriton Herald
- Kentish Chronicle
- Maidstone Telegraph
The Visitation of Kent, 1619 is available on the Heraldry page, as is also The Visitation of Kent, 1663-68.