Acol or Wood, a ville in Thanet, Kent, 3 miles SW of Margate, and 1 mile from Birchington station on the L.O. & D.B. A mission church was erected here in 1876, and there is also a Wesleyan chapel. The money order and telegraph office is at Birchington. Acreage, 1434; population, 365.
Online maps of Acol are available from a number of sites:
Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitation of Kent, 1619 is available on the Heraldry page, as is also The Visitation of Kent, 1663-68.