Mill End (Rickmansworth), Hertfordshire
Mill End, an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1875 out of the civil parish of Rickmansworth, Herts. It is situated near the Colne, about 1 mile SW of Rickmansworth station on the L. & N.W. and Metropolitan railways, and has a post office under Watford; money order and telegraph office, Rickmansworth. Population, 809. The church, consecrated in 1875, is a building of flint and stone in the Late Decorated style. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £275 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. There is a small chapel of ease at the adjacent hamlet of Herons Gate, and there is a Baptist chapel at Mill End.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.