Little Munden, Hertfordshire
Munden, Little, or Munden Frewell or Freville, a village and a parish in Herts. The village stands 3 1/2 miles W of Standon station on the Buntingford branch of the G.E.R., and 5 1/4 N by W of Ware. The parish contains also the hamlets of Green End and Potters Green and parts of the hamlets of Dane End and Haultwick, and it has a post office at Dane End under Ware; money order and telegraph office, Watton. Acreage, 1774; population of the civil parish, 378; of the ecclesiastical, 415. There is a parish council consisting of five members. Dane End House, Libury Hall, and Green End House are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £382 witli residence. The church is a plain but ancient building of flint, dating from the 13th century, consisting of chancel with N chapel, nave, N aisle, N and S porches, and an embattled western tower with a spire. It has two very ancient altar tombs.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.