Letton, a township and a parish in Herefordshire. The township lies on the river Wye, 1 ½ mile SSW of Kinnersley station on the Hereford and Brecon branch of the M.R., and 6 ½ miles SW of Weobly, and has a post office (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Eardisley. The parish contains also the township of Hurstley, and comprises 1215 acres; population, 147. The manor, with Letton Court, belongs to the Dew family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £197 with residence. The church is ancient, has a tower, and contains monumental tablets of the Blissets. It was restored in 1883.
|Poor Law union||Weobley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the entry for Letton (St. Peter) from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: