Brimfield, a village and a parish in Herefordshire. The village stands near the river Teme, 1 mile SE of Wooferton station on the Shrewsbury and Hereford Joint (G.W. and L. & N.W.) railway, and 5 miles S by E of Ludlow, and has a head post office (R.S.O.) The parish includes also the hamlet of Wyson. Acreage, 1853 ; population, 560. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; net value,, £201 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is a plain, good edifice, with a modern tower, and has been restored in 1834 and 1884. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel at Wyson.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
Transcript of the entry for Brimfield from Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: