Hurstbourne Tarrant, a village and a parish in Hants. The village stands on the river Swift, 5 1/2 miles NNE of An-dover, and 4 from Hurstboume station on the L. & S.W.R. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under An-dover. The parish includes the tithings of Brickleton, and comprises 4842 acres; population of the civil parish, 755; of the ecclesiastical, 762. The manor belongs to the Dewar family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester; gross value, £278 with resideDce. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is of the latter part of the 12th century, in good condition; consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with wooden tower, and contains monuments of the Pauletts. The chancel and nave were restored in 1893. There are Congregational and Methodist chapels.
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.