Bullington, a parish in Hants, on an affluent of the river Test, 1 ½ mile N from Sutton Scotney railway station, and 4 ½ miles S of Whitchureh. Post town, Micheldever; money order and telegraph office, Sutton Scotney. Acreage, 1635 ; population of the civil parish, 161; of the ecclesiastical, with Tufton, 298. There is an old Roman encampment called " Tidbury King," where many Roman antiquities have been found. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Tufton, in the diocese of Winchester; net value, £200 with residence. The church is good.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hampshire newspapers online:
- Portsmouth Evening News
- Hampshire Telegraph
- Hampshire Advertiser
- Hampshire Chronicle
- Aldershot Military Gazette
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.