Moreton or Morton Valence, a village and a parish in Gloucestershire, 2 1/4 miles WSW of Haresfield station on the M.R., and 3 1/4 NNW of Stonehouse, with a post office under Stonehouse; money order office, Whitminster; telegraph office, Haresfield railway station. Acreage of the civil parish, 991; population, 260 ; of the ecclesiastical, 189. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, £138. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is chiefly Later English, consists of nave, S aisle, and chancel, with a tower, and was restored in 1880.
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.