Minsterworth, a village and a parish in Gloucestershire. The village stands on the river Severn, 1 mile E of Oakle Street station on the G.W.R., and 4 1/2 miles WSW of Gloucester ; was anciently called Mortune, is a straggling place, and has a post and telegraph office under Gloucester; money order office, Lower Westgate Street. The parish comprises 1825 acres ; population of the civil parish, 411; of the ecclesiastical, 429. The parish council consists of five members. Minsterworth Court, Hygrove, Severn Bank, and Duns House are the chief residences. There are fruit orchards and salmon fisheries. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, £240 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with a low tower. It was rebuilt in 1871, and contains a curiously sculptured font and a good reredos. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Minsterworth 1633-1837, Gloucestershire is available to browse online.