Hanham, a hamlet, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Bitton parish, Gloucestershire. The hamlet lies on the river Avon, at the boundary with Somerset, 1 mile NW of Reynsham station on the G.W.R., and 5 miles ESE of Bristol. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Kings-wood (R.S.O.) The township comprises 1248 acres; population, 1925. The ecclesiastical parish of Hanham Abbots was constituted in 1844. Population, 1960. Hanham Hall, an Elizabethan mansion, is the manor-house. There is a colliery. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; value, £294. Patron, the Vicar of Bitton. The church is a small Early English edifice, formerly connected with Reynsham abbey, and adjacent to the old court-liouse. Christ Church, a chapel of ease, was erected in 1842.
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.