Boxwell-with-Leighterton, a parish in Gloucestershire, on the Cotswolds, 4 1/2 miles ESE of Wotton-under-Edge, and 6 1/2 E of Charfield station on the M.R. Post town, Wotton-under-Edge ; money order and telegraph office, Didmarton. Acreage, 2313 ; population, 266. Boxwell Court formerly belonged to the Abbots of Gloucester, and has been for generations the property of the Huntley family. It was built in the 15th century, and restored in 1796. There is a wood of box-trees about 40 acres in extent. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, ?234 with residence. The church is Early English, with an extinguisher bell-turret, and has a curious Early English font. About 1 1/2 mile SE of Boxwell is the hamlet of Leighterton, whose church is ancient, and was restored in 1877; it contains an ancient font. There is also a Congregational chapel.