Boddington, a parish in Gloucestershire, on the river Chelt, 4 miles NW by W of Cheltenham. It includes the hamlets of Barrow and Withey Bridge, and portion of that of Hayden. Post-town, Cheltenham. Acreage, 1982; population, 294. Boddington manor-house is a curious old mansion, formerly moated, and was besieged during the Civil War. The living is a chapelry, annexed to the vicarage of Staverton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is ancient, and has a low western tower with a sun-dial; it was restored in 1876.
The register dates from the year 1656.
Details of the places of worship in Boddington, and their records, can be found on the following pages:
- St. Mary Magdalen (Church of England)
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Gloucestershire online:
- Gloucester Citizen
- Gloucester Journal
- Gloucestershire Chronicle
- Gloucestershire Echo
- Cheltenham Chronicle
- Cheltenham Looker-On
Villages, Hamlets, &c
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.