Badgington or Bagendon, a village and a parish in Gloucestershire, on the river Churn and near Ermine Street, 3 miles N by W of Cirencester, which is the post town. Acreage, 1146; population, 182. Remains exist at Pen-ot's Brook, 1/2 a mile distant, of two entrenchments, which are supposed to have been thrown up in 556, on occasion of a battle between the Britons and the West Saxons. Bagendon House and Moorwood House are the chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol; net value, £200. Patron, Jesus' College, Oxford. The church is Norman, with Perpendicular additions. It has a saddleback tower, a Norman font, and some good memorial tablets.
The register dates from the year 1630.
Details of the places of worship in Badgington, and their records, can be found on the following pages:
- St. Margaret (Church of England)
The Visitation of the county of Gloucester, 1623 is available on the Heraldry page.